Friday, September 12, 2008

About Hippo Scraps (and me)

What are Hippo Scraps?

Hippo Scraps are affordable adorable designs. They are: cute, fun, flirty, simple, elegant, scrapbooky, custom, totally you, easy on the eyes, and good for the heart. I currently create and sell announcements, invitations, greeting cards, stationary and everything you could ever want to accessorize your blog. Preview my work for yourself with my many free blog items, my Friday freebies, or my dollar designs. Then purchase a custom design all your own.

Why are they called Hippo Scraps?

When my husband and I were dating I called him a hypocrite and he called me a "hip..hip..hippopotamus" It was cute and from then on he has called me his hippo. I love it, hence Hippo Scraps.

Who am I?



My name is Ashley. I was born and raised in the small town of Thatcher, Arizona. After high school I received my AA degree at EAC. I then moved away to attend BYU-I. It was a great experience for me but I failed my economics class so I moved back to AZ and attended another community college. My roommates where terrible and our apartment was over 100 degrees inside so one day when my "fiance" came to visit me, he lifted me onto his white stallion and we rode into the sunset. Well, we really just shoved some stuff in my car and drove away.

I've been married to that wonderful man named Dan for almost 2 years now. We are still living in Orlando and besides Disney and the beach I hate this state. I really really want to move back home or to Idaho or Utah. I love cold weather, bright night skies, the smell of a wood burning stove, and snow covered mountains. I live for Christmas, it's my absolute fav.

I'm very much a girly girl. I love recording memories, designing Hippo Scraps, decorating my home, baking cookies, downloading goodies, and organizing my closets. My favorite place to be is at home cuddling with my husband. But I also love camping, going to the beach, and four-wheeling in the desert. I love making things that make people happy. I recently discovered that I enjoy learning new things and making money from home. So here I am trying to make a little money and a lot of smiles. Life is good. Feel free to visit my family site if you want to know more about me and mine.